Monday, May 11, 2009

The Wilderness Center in Wilmot, OH

This year after our Mother's Day breakfast buffet on Saturday, we drove over to the Wilderness Center to do some hiking. We chose the Pioneer Trail, a new trail we hadn't trekked before.

Along the way we saw some beautiful wildflowers. I forgot to pick up a brochure for identifing them, but I'll give it a go myself.

Wild Geranium? I don't think that's right, but it's the closest match.


Something in the aster family? But still didn't find a perfect match.

Now, this one has been a stumper. I couldn't find anything to match it even though it is so unique. If you have an idea, please let me know. The next time we go out for a hike, I'll definitely have to find out their names .
Nearing the end, it was time for a break. We had such an enjoyable time that I'm sure we'll be back again soon.

2 comments:

  1. You are right on the geraninum, there are alot out in the woods here too. I don't know the other two either, and can't find my wildflower book, but you took great pictures! Looks like the boys, big and little, had a good time!!

    Mom E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found them, I think......the bluish one is Wild Blue Phlox, for sure, and the yellow could be Round Leaved Ragwort or a type of wild sunflower.

    ReplyDelete