Monday, June 1, 2009

Math Pondering and Planning

Planning for next school year is in full swing. There are so many ideas and new things to consider; it takes me a while to ponder and decide!! Here are the tried and true favorites we'll continue to use the coming year.
Teaching Textbooks for higher level math has been wonderful. LittleE will continue on to Algebra 2 next year. LittleA has completed TT Geometry, which includes just enough trigonometry to answer questions on the ACT. She's completed all her high school math. YEA!

This year I'm switching over to Miquon Math for BigJ. I used this many years ago with the olders but thought BigJ needed something more concrete. I don't like how the "something else" is going so I'm switching back to this more hands-on approach. I'm hoping it will be the visual "glue" he needs to solidify the concepts.

I'm adding in the Get A Grip math lab from TOPS Science. I also used this years ago with the olders and am getting it back out. Yea! Math will be a lot more fun this year. This will work great for starting a math journal; a new idea I want to try this year with BigJ.
By the way, those brown things in the bottom of the box are lentils. They are great to work with. LittleJ loved scooping and pouring today as I tried to get my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment