Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yummy Carrot Bread

Yesterday we made carrot bread. It's one of my all-time favorites that I have been making since 4-H days long ago. LittleJ loves to help me cook, but I have to keep him away from the ingredients because he also loves to dump!The recipe comes from a cookbook done in my hometown as part of their bicentennial celebration in 1976. As you can see it is pretty worn.
Here's the finished product already half eaten.

LittleJ has eaten most of it himself!

MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

Carrot Bread
1 cup sugar, 2/3 cup oil, 2 eggs
1 & 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cinnamon
1 jar junior baby carrots
1/2 cup walnuts
Mix sugar, oil and eggs, beat well.
Sift flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
Add carrots, nuts, and mix well.
Bake in a greased and floured med-large size loaf pan for 50 - 55 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 1 large loaf and freezes well.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment