Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Homeschool Co-op Art Class

For six weeks this spring I am teaching the 3rd - 6th grade girls art class at Legacy, our homeschool co-op.
Our first project was a watercolor silhouette.
This is the sample I made at home the night before class; the idea coming from a book I checked out from the library.
First is simply to paint the watercolor background on the entire paper in whatever colors you choose. Then, while waiting for it to dry, cut out your silhouette. When the painting is dry, glue the silhouette on top and trim up the paper edges if needed. Here are some of the girls finished projects.
Great job, girls!!
Our next project will take approximately 3 weeks to complete.
We will be tackling these tessellations using equilateral triangles. The girls' themes are based on books they have read. They already have their triangles drawn and I'm sure they will be surprised at the results when we cut and glue them on this Friday. I'll add a few sneak peaks next week. Exciting stuff. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment