Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine Cookies

I love preschool helpers.  They want to try everything.
Valentine party for school today?  

Well, I wouldn't call it a party, but we did do some Valentine-related learning.  BigJ and I watched the history of Valentine's Day (via history channel videos on the web) and about St. Valentine for whom the day is named after.  We also watched videos about the history of chocolate and how chocolate is made.  Then....

...we headed to the kitchen for some cookie baking.

Sounds like a good excuse for some cookie baking, doesn't it?

LittleJ likes to help me in the kitchen, and BigJ humored me,  and the three of us had a grand time rolling, cutting, and baking.

Little J chose hearts and bears and tried his hardest at rolling some dough.
Big J enjoys cutting out the cookies, but will gladly leave the rest to me.
These cookies are SO good just plain, so we kept it simple and didn't frost them.  Mmmmm.... soft and yummy.  We had a very nice Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment