Saturday, October 20, 2012

Charles Dickens liked fall too!

I ♥ Fall!
It is truly my favorite season.
So I thought I'd share a poem I recently found by one of my favorite authors, 
Charles Dickens.

Merry Autumn Days

'Tis pleasant on a fine spring morn
     To see the buds expand,
'Tis pleasant in the summertime
     To see the fruitful land;
'Tis pleasant on a winter's night
     To sit around the blaze,
But what are joys like these, my boys,
     To merry autumn days!

We hail the merry autumn days,
     When leaves are turning red;
Because they're far more beautiful
     Than anyone has said.
We hail the merry harvest time,
     The gayest of the year;
The time of rich and bounteous crops,
     Rejoicing and good cheer.

The boardwalk through Jackson Bog
We had a lovely little hike through the Jackson Bog several weeks ago.  It's an enjoyable 1 mile + walk.

This part of the boardwalk is either sinking or the bog is rising.
My shoes got wet!
We also went to the Wilderness Center on a nice warm morning last week.  It ended up being warm, sunny, and a very nice hike.


HAPPY FALL !!

No comments:

Post a Comment