Monday, July 26, 2010

At The Campground

We just returned from camping at Warren Dunes State Park along Lake Michigan.  It has become a favorite camping place for us over the years so we were very excited to arrive and start setting up camp. 

We have two tents for the six of us.  LittleA and LittleE have their own tent, and I'm with the boys in the larger tent-- with the air mattress.  We had a smaller site this year, but it still worked out just fine for us. 



We also have a canopy for the picnic table and "kitchen".  We bought a new Coleman stove last year and it works great.  I like to cook most of the food ahead of time at home and freeze it, then all I have to do is warm it up on the stove at the campsite.  I did taco meat, shredded chicken, and sloppy joes.  Otherwise we just do lunchmeat and grilled cheese with fresh veggies and fruit.

Tim did cook our pancakes and bacon over the open fire though.  They were yummy!!

LittleJ enjoys camping too.  This morning I had him washing his little toys up and getting all the sand off. 

All in all, it was a good 3 nights.  It only rained a little the first night, and the second night was comfortably cool.  The third night was hot and humid though, and I really wish we would have packed a fan.  But at least no storms, for which I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment