Sunday, December 12, 2010

Legacy Christmas Program

This year's Christmas program had BigJ portraying a shepherd.  He seems to always have this part, but I don't think he minds. The 4th-7th grade class did a wonderful job portraying the fulfillment of the Christmas prophesies.

Here are some of the actors waiting for their turn during dress rehersal.
Here we have the narrators, kings, shepherds, and Joseph.

I wasn't able to get a good shot of BigJ the night of the program.  They had the lights turned down and I didn't think to change my camera to a night setting.  So.....this is about the best I could do.

Here we have the shepherds meeting with King Herod.

The high school class also had a nice program.  They did a great job memorizing their parts and telling the Christmas story.

This is one scene from their retelling.
As you can see I finally changed the setting on my camera, and this one in particular came out much better.

See those silhouettes?  The high school class, plus another parent and I, spent 4 weeks putting them together.  The tracing, cutting, and painting was fairly simple.  It was the process of making them free-standing that was challenging.  But, as you can see, they turned out great.  Not a single one fell during the performance.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment