Monday, January 11, 2010

Library Book Sale

As a homeschooling mom, I find myself at the library all the time. Or so it seems. I love going through the sale shelf periodically when I'm there and last week I came home with some favorites. Some books I like for their illustrations and lovable characters, like Jan Brett's books. I love the Little House books for their warmth, and How To Make An Apple Pie and See The World is a great geography story used in the Five In A Row unit study curriculum that we've used periodically.
These are some other books I bought at the fall book sale in October--ALL for only $1.00!! I arrived at the sale late and didn't expect to find anything good, but I was pleasantly surprised. I found some great history books, some science books, and some poetry books, of which I don't have a lot. BigJ loves anything associated with the moon, so I was glad to find the Apollo 11 book.

My happiest find was this Crinkleroot book by Jim Arnosky. I love his illustrations and he has great nature study books for kids.
Now I need to put together a better system of organizing our personal library so I don't forget I have these books within arms reach. Then I can make fewer trips to the public library!

No comments:

Post a Comment